Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM)
Technical Service > Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM)
The Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM) detects metal particles in oil samples taken from lubricated machinery. The FWM is constructed using a sophisticated magnetometer adapted for field applications but is a simple, easy-to-use, instrument that is accurate and reliable. This unit is ideal for testing and analysing oil samples on-board vessels, where full laboratory analysis is not possible. Features include:
- Suitable for testing and analyzing oil samples on-board.
- Simple, easy-to-operate, instrument requiring minimal training.
- Immediate ferrous wear measurement in PPM on the LCD screen.
- Reduced Operating Costs
- Decreased Downtime
- Reduced Scrape Down Oil Usage
- Schedule Maintenance as Required
For further details, please download our new technical brochure - Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org