GulfSea Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM)
Technical Service > GulfSea Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM)
GulfSea Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM) is designed to detect ferrous-wear instantly. Adapted for field applications, this easy-to-use instrument detects metal particles in oil samples taken from lubricated machinery on vessels. It is ideal for testing and analysing oil samples on-board vessels, where full laboratory analysis is not possible. Features include:
- Immediate ferrous wear measurement in PPM on the LCD screen.
- Suitable for testing and analyzing oil samples on-board.
- Simple, easy-to-operate, instrument requiring minimal training.
- Reduced Operating Costs : By trending the ferrous wear measurements, any increase in wear levels over time can be monitored and appropriate actions taken to mitigate any damage, preventing more serious damage occurring.
- Decreased Downtime : Monitoring of ferrous wear levels with your oil samples allows any deterioration in machine condition to be quickly detected, saving you downtime and money.
- Reduced Scrape Down Oil Usage : Measurements of ferrous wear debris in oil samples can be taken from a variety of machinery, including used cylinder scrape down oil, gear boxes and bearings.
- Schedule Maintenance as Required : Machinery degradation can be observed as it happens and machines serviced as and when they need to be, rather than on a time or hours of operation basis, reducing costs and saving manpower.
Find out more about GulfSea Ferrous Wear Meter (FWM), please download here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org